April 17, 2017
This Announcement replaces all previous Announcements on this topic.
REMN Wholesale is pleased to announce enhancements to electronic delivery of lender disclosures as described below.
Effective with new loans submitted on and after April 17, 2017, REMN Wholesale will send electronic disclosures to all borrowers with an email address via Encompass by EllieMae. If the borrower does not provide electronic consent (eConsent) within 48 hours of receipt of the email invitation from REMN, paper documents will be generated and sent via US mail to the borrower’s home address which will impact wait periods.
Electronic delivery/receipt of disclosures is accessible from:
- Desktops & Laptops using:
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Most tablets or mobile phones
- Tablets or mobile phones are not fully supported. If a system error occurs, it will be necessary to access via a desktop or laptop.
Summary of Broker Experience
- REMN delivers the lender disclosures electronically
- Broker will receive an email from “eFolder@elliemae.com” upon:
- eConsent Acceptance/Rejection by each borrower
- eDisclosure package received by each borrower
- eSign of any disclosures by each borrower
Emerging Banker Loans
Any/All borrower(s) on Emerging Banker loans using REMN Wholesale for closing document fulfillment must also consent to receive documents electronically from REMN. EConsent will be sent to the borrower at the time the loan is submitted to REMN. If eConsent has not been received at the time the Closing Disclosure has been received, waiting periods prior to closing will be adversely impacted.
Summary of Borrower Experience
REMN will generate initial lender documents using the following process:
- All borrowers with an email address will receive an email from “email@example.com”
- The email will contain a link that will require the borrower to generate an account as well as a link to a video to help the borrower through the process.
- As part of the account generation process, the borrower will verify their application and identity:
- Initial account setup requires the house number for the subject property address
- Identity verification requires an authorization code, which will be the last four (4) digits of the borrower’s social security number.
- Once each borrower has consented, initial lender disclosures, re-disclosures, property valuation documents, and the initial Closing Disclosure will be sent electronically.
- The Closing Disclosure must be acknowledged electronically by the borrower as soon as possible to avoid adversely impacting wait periods.
It is important to note in the event the borrower declines eConsent, or if there is no borrower activity within 48 hours of receipt of the Ellie Mae generated email, paper disclosures will be mailed. In those cases, all lender required documents are also required to be sent by US mail, which will impact wait periods.
In the event a borrower wishes to later opt in to eConsent during the loan process, email:
REMN-Disclosures@remn.com with the loan number to request a subsequent invitation sent to the borrower(s).
REMN Wholesale has prepared instructions for the borrower’s experience located at on our website, under Resources, Training Materials, Borrower E-consent, or by clicking here.
If you have any questions, please contact your Account Executive.