Subject: FEMA Disaster Declaration for Louisiana
Date: June 11, 2021
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) issued a Disaster Declaration for the state of Louisiana due to severe storms, and tornadoes.
Declaration Date: June 2, 2021
Incident Period: May 17-May 21, 2021
The following counties require re-inspection: Ascension, Calcasieu, East Baton Rouge, Iberville, Lafayette
If the subject property is in one of the above counties and the appraisal was completed on or before May 17, 2021 REMN Wholesale will require one of the following:
- An Appraisal Update and/or Completion Report (Fannie Mae form 1004D), or
- A Desktop Underwriter Property Inspection Report (Fannie Mae form 2075), or
- Catastrophic Disaster Area Property Inspection Report (CDAIR), and
- VA transactions only (when appraisal was required): A signed letter and Veteran Certification
REMN Wholesale prefers the original appraiser provide the 1004D or 2075 however REMN will accept the report from any appraiser as long as the original Appraisal Management Company assigns the appraiser (i.e., if the original appraisal order was placed through MMC, the 1004D, 2075, or CDAIR must also be ordered through MMC).
A 2075 or CDAIR is also required on the following:
- FNMA transaction with a property inspection waiver (PIW) from DU or an automated collateral evaluation (ACE) from LPA
NOTE: A 2075/CDAIR is not required on an FHA Streamline or VA IRRRL transaction.
In the event significant damage is indicated on the 1004D, 2075, or CDAIR additional conditions may apply. The report must comment on the impact the disaster had on the value and marketability of the property.
Please contact your Account Executive with any questions.
To access this announcement in PDF format click here.